About A Million Books for Hope
Dates and Deadlines
Friday, June 5th, 2015 – Start Date!
Monday, September 7th, 2015 – End Date
Monday, September 14th, 2014 – Donations and Book records are due by this date
Click on the image below to print copies of a book log for students to record all the books they read during the read-a-thon! At the end of the read-a-thon, final counts will be submitted so that we can see if we read a million books!
How To Register
- Register and create an individual fundraising page for your child via the links on this website! This is where their friends and family can make donations in support of their reading! You can be as creative as you want with the page, but please be sure to include a few sentences from your child on why the read-a-thon is important to them! Here you can also post updates about what they’re reading or how many books they’ve read so far! NOTE: If you are registering more than one child, you must use separate emails for each page created. Alternatively, enter your whole family as one TEAM…see below.
- Set a fundraising goal. Do you want to try and raise $100 for the fight against pediatric cancer? More?? You can post your fundraising goal in your fundraising page and continuously track how close you are to reaching it! Try and set a reading goal too for the Read-a-thon! We are trying to read 1,000,000 books as a group this summer. How many of those do you think your child can read?
- Brainstorm a list of friends and family members to sponsor their reading. Remember, everyone can help! Contact the people on your list and share the link to your fundraising page. Along with the link, we recommend writing a letter to tell them in your child’s own words why they are participating. Once you create the fundraising page we’ll send you a sample letter that you can send to your family and friends.
- Read, read, read! The more they read, the closer we are to reaching our goal of one million books!
- Record your books as you read them on your book log at home. Please submit a final number to us by September 5th, 2014 so that we can add your team’s total to our total nationwide!
- Register as a team (family, friends, class, girl scout/boy scout troop, dance group, gymnastics team, martial arts academy, etc) by clicking “Create Fundraising Page.” You must first register as an individual, and at the end will be asked if you would like to join a team. This is where you can create a team page
- Explain the process of the Read-a-thon to the members of your team and help them set up their individual fundraising pages, and share the name of your team page. Explain to your readers that they will click “Join a Team” after they have registered as an individual.
- Encourage your team by setting aside time each day for reading and finding pledges to support their team’s efforts.
- Track team reading and post updates on your Team Page.
- Record total books read and submit a final number to us by September 14th, 2015 so that we can add your team’s total to our total nationwide!
For any questions at all or to request more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at : [email protected]